The heart and center of our worhip puts the focus squarely on Jesus Christ, who is present for us and with us through His Word and Sacraments. Christ is living active among us, right where He has promised to be in His Word and Sacraments. Jesus said, "Lo, I am with you always, to the very end of the age" (Matt. 18:20). When He gathers us, He fulfills this promise to us once again.
Traditional Service 8:30a
Sunday School Hour 9:45a
Contemporary Service 11:00a
- Childcare is available in the nursery on Sundays duirng the 8:30a and 11:00a worship services.
- In the Summer childcare is also available during the Sunday School hour.
- On holidays and during special services the nursery will be open for your convinience, however childcare will not be available.
- Location: from the sanctuary the nursery is located down the hall toward the Office, on the right.
On Time Warner Arlington Cable–Channel 96:
- Sunday 8:00a – Bible Study with Dr. Paul Maier
- Sunday 8:30a – LIVE Traditional Service
- Sunday 8:00p – Contemporary Service
- Monday 7:00p – Replay Traditional Service
- Monday 8:00p – Replay Contemporary Service
Communion is served every 1st, 3rd and 5th Sunday of every month.
We believe that Communion carries with it responsibilities as well as privileges. We follow the instructions of St. Paul in I Corinthians 11:27-28 where we read, "Whoever eats the bread or drinks the cup of the Lord in an unworthy manner sins against the body and blood of the Lord. Therefore one ought to examine oneself before one eats of the bread and drinks of the cup." We ask ourselves questions of examination:
- Do I believe that I am a sinner and am I sorry for my sins?
- Do I believe that Jesus is my Savior and that through faith in Him my sins are forgiven?
- Do I believe that in this meal I receive the true Body and Blood of Jesus, for the forgiveness of my sins, not just a symbol of it?
- Do I intend, with the help of God, to live a Christian life?
This page updated September 24, 2012.